domingo, 31 de agosto de 2014

Voki

I want to present a really interesting and funny tool: VOKI (www.voki.com) Voki is a free service in which you can create speaking avatars. 

This instrument can be truly useful inside the classroom as students will be motivated as they can create their own characters, change their appearance and even make them speak with different voices. I think we can employ this tool when working with vocabulary, for instance. Students can be given words and asked to create Vokis so as to present the new terms to the rest of the class; it is funny and much more engaging than working with dictionaries.

I embed the official Voki tutorial just in case you want to try it (I definitely recommend it!)




2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Agus!! I agree with you in saying that Voki is very interesting! Besides being a motivating activity for students, I think that it is ideal when they are too shy to record themselves; you still have the production part because they write and get to choose what they want to say, but by putting it another voice you could make it less face threatening!
    Great post!
    Meli

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You're right, Melu! To be honest, I didn't think about shy students, it would be a great tool for them, as you explained above.
    Thanks for your contribution!

    ResponderEliminar