viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2014

Stories inside the classroom

Some weeks ago, I came across with Storybird (https://storybird.com/), an incredible webpage that lets us create art-inspired stories that we can share, read and print. This webpage allows not only teachers but also students to make different kind of stories. What I really like about Storybird is that it encourages creativity. 

I embed a tutorial, just in case you want to learn how to use Storybird (I truly recommend it!)



Teachers can benefit from this webpage as it can help them to assess students' reading skills (there are many stories that can be read) and writing skills (students can create their own stories.) If I wanted to use Storybird in my lessons, I would work with a specific topic and ask students to write a short story about it. Of course, they  would first have to write down their ideas, then produce a draft, and lastly write the final version that would be written in Storybird. Once all students have created their own stories, I would print them so as to create a mini library inside the classroom; students would be able to take the short stories to their homes, and we would have books so as to work with them whenever necessary. 



How would you use this wonderful tool?



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario